By: Le'Mina McNair on November 18th, 2021
How to Build an Efficient Hybrid Workplace
The global advancement of remote technology combined with global health crises has created a dramatic shift toward a hybrid workforce. Whether organizations are prepared for it or not, a remote or hybrid work option is becoming a standard for enterprises of all sizes and industries.
How can companies use the tools available to them to create the optimal hybrid workplace? In this blog, we'll explore the different elements of a hybrid workplace and how to optimize yours for the better of your team and your organization.
What is a Hybrid Workplace?
A hybrid workplace is a work environment model that is designed to support a combination of both in-office and remote work. The definition of this model is left purposefully vague because, just like every organization is different, what a hybrid workplace truly means can look different from one business to the next.
A professional environment like this can include different combinations of hybrid work, such as:
- Team members who work fully remote and team members who work fully in-office.
- Team members who work scheduled days both in the office and remotely.
- Synchronous and asynchronous work communication (live video conferencing vs. email or messaging).
Optimize Your Hybrid Workplace
There are a number of important factors in creating an efficient hybrid workplace, and most stem from the significance of clear communication and project management. When businesses apply the right creative operations management solutions, project management solutions, and cloud technology, they can optimize the hybrid workspace for the success of their teams.
Creative Operations Management
Orchestrating smooth Creative Operations processes is essential to any workplace, let alone a hybrid workplace. Creative Operations within any organization, but especially one working within a partially remote environment, can only be as good as the set of solutions in place to facilitate effective Creative Operations management.
Different creative teams have different priorities, but there are a number of essential factors that will maximize the efficiency of any Creative Operations system or systems. To support your hybrid workplace, ensure you utilize a set of creative management solutions that:
- Integrates with your creative team's existing technologies.
- Streamlines coordination for your creative team from anywhere.
- Has an equally effective user experience on desktop, mobile, and tablet, so your team can work on any device.
Project Management Solutions
Hybrid workplaces have the potential to significantly streamline communication and project management among your teams. Intra- and inter-departmental coordination can only be as good as the tools in place to facilitate it.
Project managers and their teams likely have varied priorities when it comes to project management technology, but there are a few crucial elements to a project management system that will best support a specifically hybrid workplace:
- User experience: project management technology within a hybrid workplace should provide a UX that is equally effective for both in-office and remote team members.
- Flexibility: a project management system for a hybrid work environment needs to adapt to changing tasks and timelines to ensure nothing is missed, even if someone is not in the next room to communicate changes.
- Goal-oriented: within a partially remote work setup, it is essential that project management technology can establish and communicate goals and deadlines very clearly, so that important steps are not lost in barrages of notifications and emails.
The modern hybrid workplace needs to be supported by a centralized implementation and maintenance system that doesn't rely on individual machines or servers. Implementing cloud technology can support an array of processes for hybrid workplaces, such as:
- Centralization: centralizing creative operations infrastructures without sacrificing speed or security.
- Digital Asset Management: optimizing digital asset management with easy file sharing, tracked transactions, and secure data storage.
CTA & Conclusion
Optimizing your hybrid workplace can be an intimidating but essential step toward creating the ideal work environment for your team and your organization. Contact us today for a quick evaluation to identify your remote workforce requirements.