IO Integration Marketing and Creative Operations Technology Blog
Providing Creative Operations and Marketing Technology Professionals resources for getting the most out of their production workflows.
Marketing leaders dream of having perfectly optimized solutions and workflows that easily address all of their team's needs. The reality, however, is that finding that perfect combination of solutions is a challenge — one that can deter organizations from making small, steady improvements in their technology and processes. Oftentimes, marketing and creative teams get stuck in a stage of wondering, where their workflows, processes, and strategies become stagnant. While the goal of a perfect MarTech stack isn’t always tangible, incremental change can be just as powerful as big change for many companies.
In ever-changing marketing and creative environments, the last thing you have time for is a delay or error due to avoidable miscommunication. According to Workforce, an Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. study found that 60% of companies don't have a long-term strategy for their internal communications, and Salesforce reported that 86% of employees and executives cite lack of collaboration or ineffective communication for workplace failures.
Stay up to date on all of the latest developments in technology and learn industry best practices for creative operations. When you subscribe you will also receive a free copy of our Ebook: Welcome to the Age of Creative Operations.
Technologies within a MarTech stack can be used to help marketing and creative teams operate efficiently; publish, distribute, and optimize content or deliverables; and accurately measure data and outcomes. As marketing has become more sophisticated, so too have the tools and software that teams utilize. Organizations now commonly use these technologies in a stack, but not all stacks are created equal.
Even the most sophisticated creative teams with savvy automation and tech solutions still experience blind spots in their workflows. Teams can significantly optimize their internal and external operations by taking a step back and conducting a discovery process that sheds light on obstacles within their processes. What do we really mean when we talk about a marketing discovery process? What are the benefits of performing a discovery process for your creative team? And what elements make up for a discovery process that will genuinely impact your team for the better? We’ll answer these questions and more.
The availability of certain support services can be a deciding factor for some organizations when selecting a technology solution or support service package. Every organization has unique teams with unique needs, and oftentimes, one-size-fits-all support packages do not properly address what each team needs most. In order to get the most out of tech support services, organizations first need to outline exactly what they need from a support partner in order to operate with confidence.
Creative teams and marketers leverage numerous technologies to create content and perform other marketing activities. However, having numerous unconnected technologies and systems can become a logistical nightmare when teams are working on numerous or large projects. Strategic integrations can be the key to retaining efficiency and getting the most out of your marketing technology stack. Among marketers and creative teams that are faced with MarTech stacks that are not integrated, 75% agree that it actually makes their work more complicated, requiring more time for execution and leaving less time for thoughtful strategy. On the other hand, multi-setup collaborative teams with strategic MarTech integrations have the flexibility to spend 70% of their time on testing and strategy and the remaining 30% on creation and execution. Let’s explore the modern marketing technology landscape and the value of strategic integrations and connecting technologies for creative teams.